Sunday, November 17, 2013

27: racing along

Today feels like it's stretched forever... but that may be because it started bright and early at 2:00am this morning! That's right, this morning was my second Standard Chartered Half Marathon. It was, to the date, my one year mark from my first Half Marathon-- which I did in order to help the Kelley Family Adoption. That was actually the reason I started running. As many of you who've known me for a while know... I never ran in America. Unless it was in a pick up game of soccer or frisbee. But running for a reason, to help support this lovely family, was totally worth it! And, God has blessed and taught me so much through running. [Shameless plug: if you're ever looking to be a part of someone's adoption story, you should check out their blog.]

[before]
[over halfway!] 
[finished]
After the race, it was a quick trip home, a much needed shower and an hour nap before church. Tonight we had small group and finished up our 3-part discussion of Jonah. Almost every week God brings new people to our little group, and tonight was no exception! I love that people are comfortable inviting their friends. I was feeling pretty tired before group... but God gave me the energy I needed and made discussion go smoothly. Praise Him!

[L-R: Me, Aom, Jum, Alli and Dol]
After small group, us girls went for a picnic at Peace Park to see the Loi Krathong festivities (& we kidnapped Steph for the occasion). We had a delicious dinner, compliments of Jum, had fun with some sparklers and enjoyed community time. 

[I love picnics!]
[Jum & I -- photocredit: Steph]

[Love me some fire!]
Thank you for your daily prayers-- God is giving me favor in relationships and opportunities to share about Him. He is also giving me strength and stamina. He is showing me how accomplish my tasks without neglecting Him. And He is doing much more than those things as well! Thank you for not giving up praying in this homestretch. Not to bring it back to a racing metaphor... but... I want to sprint my way home to America. Exhausted, perhaps, but exhausted for the glory of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment