Friday, November 22, 2013

22: farewell luncheon

While my last time tutoring these lovely women was two weeks ago, today was my last day to hang out with them. I brought them pizza and ice-cream cake and we all had lunch together. It was such a sweet time of getting to express how much they've encouraged and impacted me over the last year... but despite my good intentions to be the one doing the blessing, they, as always, turned around and blessed me back. Between the hugs, pictures, sweet notes they wrote in my scrapbook, and three generous gifts of handmade jewelry, it was all I could do to keep from crying. These women will always have a special place in my heart. 










Thank you for sending me here to Bangkok, so that I could meet and teach these beautiful women. Please continue to pray for their ministry-- that God would make Himself known in the darkness, and that women would continue to find freedom from sin and bondage through a relationship with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment