Sunday, November 24, 2013

20: sabbath

Since the McCaman family is back in the US on furlough, different men on the LifePoint team have been stepping up to preach. Matt preached the past two Sundays, and today, Steve preached from Hebrews 12 about God's unshakeable kingdom. It was a timely reminder that when things/relationships/life around us are in flux and shaking... God is our firm foundation. His promises are solid. We have security in Him. This season I'm in definitely feels a little shaky at times, so being reminded of the steadfastness of God was a good word for me.

[Steve preaching and Turbo translating]
This Sunday was also Chelsea's last week at LifePoint before moving down to Phuket to begin her two year commitment with SHE ministries. Monica will have one more week before moving there. They are both sweet friends, and have been big sources of encouragement to me, as well as my baking comrades. I am excited for all that God will do in and through them during this next season, though!

[L-R: Chelsea, Me, Monica]
After church, at our Community House (formerly known as the Guest House), we had a Thanksgiving dinner and farewell party. The Hoods, our "house parents," are from Australia and had never celebrated Thanksgiving before. Betty introduced us to a Thanksgiving tradition from her family: we all read verses about being thankful to God and then shared one thing we were thankful for. Steph, Luke and I will all be leaving in December, so it was nice to get the "family" together for one last family dinner night. 

[L: Betty, Lorena, Patrick, Ash -- R: Steph, Luke]
Sundays also mean small group! We talked about mankind and our sinfulness this evening, and the discussion was really great! Jum started reading through the Bible yesterday and has already gotten through Genesis and most of Exodus... (wow!) So we also discussed some of the things she read. I am so thankful that Matt and Alli have joined our small group-- they will be leading it when I depart. They are such a wonderful couple, and I know the group will be in good hands. Tonight was Jum's birthday, so I made a cake and we sang and celebrated after group.

[Happy birthday, Jum!]

Last, but not least, my room is pretty spic-n-span at the moment, so I took one final shot-- before I start ripping things off the walls and gifting them away. This is as good as C3's gonna get! Take it in. Also, if you think of it, please pray for my poor A/C. It's been broken since Thursday, and I've resorted to camping in Steph's room (you can pray for her, too!) because my room is too hot to sleep in... sad trombone.


Also, for those of you reading this from Spotswood, in exactly three weeks, I'll be at Spotswood! Can't wait to worship with you all on December 15th :)

No comments:

Post a Comment