Tuesday, November 19, 2013

25: coffee shops and classes

I know I'm a little partial, but I really love the LifePoint Cafe (previously called "Cafe Boly"). It is a cute little nook with lots of sunlight, great smoothies, and cute pillows. The pictures really don't do it justice, but here it is!



All the profits from the Cafe go towards ministries that help women who want to get out of the sex industry and/or have been trafficked. As if we needed an excuse to buy another drink or tasty pastry... 

[making my favorite smoothie: peanut butter banana. yum!]

For the last four months, I've been going to help at the Cafe on Thursdays, but starting this month, I had to switch to Tuesdays because of my schedule. Today, I had a special treat, Tiffany joined me! (I help Tiffany cook at her place on Fridays for Unite.) Here were the results of our labor...

[cranberry bliss bars] 
[pumpkin scones]
[strawberry lemonade cupcakes]
This is where the magic happens! It's LifePoint's humble closet-turned-kitchen... Can you spot our brave little toaster oven amidst the mess? Thankfully, with four hands, we got things cleaned up twice as quickly.


[baking buddies!]
After a full day in the kitchen, it was back to the BSC for my 5:00 and 7:00 classes. Both of my classes had 6 of the 7 students show up. I like it that my classes this term ended up being a little smaller (I've had some classes with as many as 24 students!) because I really can get to know them better.


Your prayers and support have brought and kept me here. The relationships I'm building are not just mine, they are ours. Thank you for your partnership, and for allowing me to be a light in this place. May God continue to shine brightly through His people!

PS: Please, please, check out Steph's post about a funny "This is Thailand" moment we had today! [click here to read]

No comments:

Post a Comment