Thursday, November 21, 2013

23b: good day

I know that a post a day is a tad excessive, so twice a day is pretty much out of control... But today was a good day, and, I'm half a world away, so whatcha gonna do ;) Here are a few highlights.

First: Checked off Bucket List Item #22 today: touch a monitor lizard! It was so exciting to get to mark that one off the list. Good thing I was already running...



Second: The woman that I tutor, Pinta (/Siew), and I were talking about my Half Marathon, and she has a friend who was also in the race. She contacted him, and found a race picture that was taken of me in the final stretch! I love it! She is so sweet, and also a believer. I loved that we have that in common. 




Third: Classes went well tonight, but after classes was even better! I got to hang out with Allison, an IMB journeyman serving here in Bangkok. We went to Terminal 21 (a mall) and enjoyed some CupcakeLove cupcakes with a little side of DQ ice-cream. The cupcakes were really adorable, but I couldn't take any pictures because we were nibbling our contraband while...



...watching Hunger Games! Agh! So fun. Partly because it came out here before America (we're special!), and partly because I got to see it with Allison, who is, great. It's always a bummer when people leave, but the trade off is that new people come. I love that I've had the opportunity to brush shoulders and get to know so many different people in the last year and a half. God is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment