Monday, November 18, 2013

26: recovering

This morning I slept in. Embarrassingly late. But I'm claiming it as a recovery day, and therefore refuse to feel guilty. It was much needed and I feel so much better after 10 hours of sleep! That being said, after waking up, getting ready, reading the Word (I finally made it to Romans in my extended* edition of 'Read the NT in 30 Days Plan'!), and doing a minor clean-up job to my tragically trashed room, I headed to the office for a full afternoon and evening of teaching. I forgot to sniper-photograph my students in class to give you sneak peek into the classroom, but classes went well. It's week three, which means that after Thursday I'll be exactly halfway done with my term.

After class, I headed back to my room for a skype date with my dear friend (and one year Bangkok compatriot) Claire. We may have also talked for an embarrassingly long time... but that was much needed, too! It was so refreshing to get to talk face-to-face with her, as it always is. I value and appreciate it so much when people stateside make time to spend time with me. I know it's not easy, but it is a real encouragement. Whether it's as simple as a reply to a post, or facebook message, or as involved as a skype call, I love hearing from you all! Thank you for your continued support, love and prayers <3.


---
* Our church here, LifePoint, encouraged all of us to read through the entire New Testament in the month of October. As it's Nov 18th and I'm only beginning Romans, you can see I got a little behind. My goal is to finish it (and the little bit I have left of the OT from my 'Read the Bible in a Year' plan) before I return Dec. 14th. I share this for accountability purposes... If I haven't finished the Bible before I step of the plane, send me back! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment