Sunday, December 8, 2013

6: jum

Matt took over leading small group this evening and it was a great evening discussing Jesus. After group finished, Aom and Jum stayed after to talk for a while. I joined them, and I have some news I want to share with you all (with Jum's permission).


Many of you have been praying for Jum as she reads through the Bible-- that it would be transformational in her life. Well, God has heard your prayers! Through reading the Word, being involved in small group, going to church (with some of the IMB folks who help at the BSC), conversations and relationships-- God has been revealing the Truth to Jum.

Tonight she shared with Aom and I that over Father's Day, she went to her hometown and talked to her parents about her desire to become a Christian! Her parents (praise God!) were both receptive. They said that whatever she decided was okay with them. This is a huge praise, because in Thai culture, changing your religion from Buddhism is sometimes seen as disrespectful to your parents (because they believe your parents accumulate more "good karma" for having good Buddhist children).

A couple from the IMB (Jill & Tim) has been very involved in investing spiritually in her for the past few years as well. She said she wants to talk to them this week and then "officially" become a Christian. (I say "officially" only because she is waiting to pray with them... and she considers that time to be when she will officially commit to be a Christian. But she has already expressed her intent and confessed that she believes that Jesus died, was buried and rose again.) And I just can't wait until it's "official" to share the good news and implore you to keep lifting her up in your prayers.


On Aug 18th I wrote, "I have been praying for God to place an unsaved Thai woman in my life for me to invest in... and I think He may have answered that prayer!" I can say with confidence that that woman was Jum. If getting to build that relationship and spiritually invest in her life was the only investment I made while here, it was worth it.

To see her journey from being a staunch, devout Buddhist to being softened by the Word has been incredible. John MacArthur said that, "The Bible is like a Lion. You don't have to defend it - just let it out of its cage. It can defend itself." I feel like when God is working on the hearts of His creation to draw them to Himself, the best argument for Him, is His Word! Jum has been tearing up the Word. Before tonight, she had texted me a couple times expressing that she can't put it down and every time she reads it she believes more and more about God. Praise God for the power of His message and Word. And Praise God for all your prayers! Don't stop!

[Our after-after small group this evening. Love these ladies!]

3 comments:

  1. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I AM SO EXCITED AND HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

    And crying, literally crying. Praise God for revealing himself to Jum!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Praise God! It brought tears to my eyes reading through this post. God is so GOOD!

    ReplyDelete