Monday, December 23, 2013

home sweet home.

From attending Spotswood my first day home, to celebrating my niece's first birthday and Addison's third birthday, to interviewing for a position (and getting hired!), to gift shopping and wrapping, decorating Christmas trees and cookies... it's been a whirlwind. And it's only been a week.

It still feels a little unreal.

When I first arrived in Thailand, I felt adjusted after a week. Then, I felt really adjusted after a month. Then three months. The longer I was there, the more I felt like, "I wasn't actually adjusted before, but now I am." It wasn't until month ten/eleven that I stopped feeling that way. Coming home feels very similar. Everything is familiar, and so I want to say I'm adjusted, but I know I'm not. There is so much here that I am seeing and experiencing with fresh eyes, and it's taking time to process.

Many of you have asked for me to come and share with your groups and Sunday morning classes, and I would love to! The Lord has given me a unique opportunity and I want to be faithful in communicating back to you all what you were a part of. However, between Christmas and traveling over New Years, this month is very hectic. Once things settle down, in January, though, I would love to set up some times to speak and share. If you already know of some dates/times when you would like me to share in the new year, send me an email: lizswauger@gmail.com.

Thank you for your investment in my life and in Kingdom work! If you missed my post about Jum and my follow up post, please check them out. You will be encouraged by doing so.

1 comment:

  1. We were so thrilled to hear about your trip! I recently found my notes again :). God bless, Jen W

    ReplyDelete