Sunday, August 18, 2013

small group.

Hello sweet friends and family, 

I love being able to write to you and share what is happening here through the Lord's work (and your investment) in my life. I wish I could sit down and write each of you individually, or better yet, just have you all come to Thailand to glimpse what you are a part of! I guess we'll just have to wait until we're with the Lord to have that moment together. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your relentless prayers for both me and the Thais that God has placed in my life.

I just wanted to update you all on a new development in my life here, and ask for your specific prayer. I have started leading a LifePoint small group and we meet at Phaya Thai on Sunday evenings. Tonight was the first night, and while only two girls came, I truly believe it was exactly who God wanted there. I have been praying for God to place an unsaved Thai woman in my life for me to invest in... and I think He may have answered that prayer!

We will spend a few weeks discussing "Who is God?" and then move on to "Who is man?" "Who is Jesus?" and "What is our response?" (Sound like the Gospel? Haha... good!) I don't know what God will do, or who He will bring to this study.... But as long the Holy Spirit keeps teaching, it will be an incredible next few months.

Please pray for my heart and relationship with the Lord to remain the priority- that I will not become so caught up in being a Martha that I stop being a Mary. Pray that the Holy Spirit would speak through me... and would continue to encourage and convict and teach these girls, even after they leave small group. Pray for the friends they want to invite (one of the girls is planning to invite her Muslim friend next week). And please pray, above all, that the Name of God would be lifted high, and that His light would continue to shine brilliantly in this dark place.

Love, Liz

2 comments:

  1. I, too, forget that it's the message, not the numbers that matter. Abide in the message and all will be well. Praying for you all. Rick, Jean & Gabriel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your prayers... both for us, and also for the hearts of the Thais that we are building relationships with!

      Delete