Wednesday, December 4, 2013

10: TEN

I would love for my readers to reply in the comment section of this blog post with questions/topics you would like answered/discussed in my Countdown posts. Because, some days, like yesterday and today, are pretty normal. Teaching. Dishes. Laundry. Etc. So, I'd love some new ideas to keep these daily posts exciting! But, in the meantime, I'm on my own for being creative. So here is an acrostic of neat things God has been doing/praises/things you can also pray about! (So really, there's no theme in this acrostic at all... I'm not even sure if you can have acrostic-paragraphs... acrostagraphs?)

The "New Thru 30" NT reading plan is almost finished! -- I'm currently in 1 John. Despite having a rather large daily reading load, and despite it taking me 3x as long as it should have, I've really been enjoying it. Reading deep has value (of course!), but reading scope (to see the Big Story) has also been really good. I think it has helped me keep perspective because I'm not bogged down for months in the same book.

Engaging in the Word -- One of the women in my small group has committed to reading through the Bible on her own. And she's doing it! Pray that the Holy Spirit does His work as she reads... that He softens her heart to the Truth and helps her to understand more about God.

Notes from students -- I love being able to hear back from students about their experiences in my classroom. But more than wanting them to like me (which, let's be honest, I want), I want them to leave having a better understanding about the God who made and loves them. I know I haven't done that perfectly (or even close!), but I pray God uses this last week to really help them to see that the difference in my life is Christ.

(People: please leave me something, anything in the comments-- so I don't have to resort to haikus tomorrow!)

2 comments:

  1. Nice acrostagraph! You will be and are indeed prayed for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a thought: what are your biggest prayer requests? You have been there for a while, met some amazing people, and gotten a greater picture if who God is. Leaving, what would like to see happen? Ephesians 3:20. Pray big. We will join you. God is able!!

    ReplyDelete