Saturday, June 30, 2012

why am i here?

The Thai people really sideswipe me with their questions sometimes. We'll be working on verb tenses and bam! They unknowingly give me opportunities to lead the conversation back to the Gospel. And I love that I work at a place where I can honestly address all their questions... in the classroom setting!

One of my students asked me on Tuesday why I was in Thailand, specifically why I didn't graduate from college and build a career so I could earn lots of money. She asked why, instead of that, I was teaching in Thailand and volunteering. What an open door to share the truth of God and the goodness and faithfulness of His Church!

I was able to share with her during a previous lesson about what I believe as a Christian. On Tuesday, I was able to build on that and share that it was my relationship with God that brought me to Thailand. I told her that God wanted me to come here because He wants the Thai people to know that He is good, that He loves them, and that He wants a relationship with them. I told her that having a relationship with God has changed my life. It has given me peace and joy and purpose. I told her that I am able to volunteer here, because other people who also love Jesus are supporting me. I said there were many, many Christians in America who also want for the Thai people to know God (which is so true!).

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to brag on Christ, and on what He is using you to do (from America... in Thailand).
It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.” - 1 Corinthians 1:30-31

No comments:

Post a Comment