Thursday, June 28, 2012

prayer requests.

I have a couple specific prayer requests that I would love your prayers for:

Since Tuesday (it's Thursday night as I write this), I have been really sick. My fever broke last night, but I am nowhere near 100%. I am so grateful that one of the other teachers, Dani (she's also a nurse), has been here to help take care of (and medicate) me... however, without going into all my symptoms, it hasn't been pretty. I was able to eat some crackers today though, so that's progress! Please pray for my continued recovery and strength.

Term 4 starts on Monday, which means 8 classes/week will be added to our tutoring-load... vacation is over! All the teachers get one day off a week (in addition to Sundays) and mine will be Monday this term. Which, is a blessing as it affords me an extra day of recovery and preparation. Please pray that Claire and I will boldly seize opportunities in our classes to share Christ with our students... and that God would be working in the hearts of our students.

David and Jen McCaman and their baby Josiah just arrived in Thailand last week. David will be the pastor at Lifepoint (our church home here in BKK). If you want to read their first blog post, click here Please pray that they would continue to adjust to Thai life, and that they would avoid any more illnesses. (Being sick is kind of a theme here in Thailand...)

[our first week at lifepoint / photo credit: witt kaminh]

There are also some short term teams on the horizon!
-- Lifepoint team (from Smyrna, TN) arrives July 2nd (leaves Aug 12th)
They will be participating in a Missions Training School in the mornings hosted by Lifepoint: Bangkok, and then doing various ministry/outreach activities in the afternoons/evenings. Click here to watch a short video they made regarding their trip! It's really good.
-- Calvary Baptist team (from Clearwater, FL) arrives July 7th (leaves July 20th)
Please be praying that God uses and grows each of them, and that Christ is made much of during their time not just in Thailand, but also when they return home.

And, speaking of teams on the horizon, the Spotswood Team will be arriving in Thailand at the end of Term 4! (That's in 42 days... but who's counting?) Please also be praying for them-- for their hearts to be made ready, for their bodies to be prepared, and for the funds needed to be raised. (For those of you on twitter, search: #Thailandorbust)

No comments:

Post a Comment