Monday, June 4, 2012

I love my church.

Yesterday our church, Spotswood Baptist, prayed for and commissioned Claire and I for our year in Thailand. It was such a bittersweet service-- I've never been a part of a church that has had such a profound spiritual impact on my life like Spotswood. I have grown; I have failed, and I have been loved through both. Pastor Doug always talks about how church should be the launching pad to propel us into the world... and I feel very launched.

Claire and I had lunch after the commissioning with part of the short-term team who will be coming to Bankok, Thailand in August. There are 12 of them: Laura, Sam, Abby, Laura-Michal, Stephanie, Vern, Zac, Zach,  Ryan and Jake (plus Pastor Doug and Pastor Drew). The team coming in August is phenomenal. They have such a heart for God-- I am so excited to see what God does through them and in them during their time in Thailand.

Please be praying for them also:
- That God will prepare their hearts for the ministry and people they will meet in Thailand, as well as the hearts of the people they will meet  
-  That God would provide all the financial support that they need
- That God would be glorified in their obedience and that the church would be encouraged
Thank you for your prayers and support. I have been overwhelmed by it. God is so gracious, and you have been so faithful to pray and to give. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. The service was such a beautiful opportunity for our church to be encouraged and challenged to live out true FAITH. We will miss you both greatly in the next year!! I don't think it'll seem real until I go to text you and realize....oh...yeah...she's halfway across the world. love you both!

    ReplyDelete