Friday, September 13, 2013

thank you.

I've been thinking for weeks on how to properly thank everyone at Spotswood who gave delicious treats to Steph & me, and our wonderful Family here... I've tossed around the idea of a haiku (who doesn't love a haiku?), a song (actually, no one wants to hear me sing), and handwritten notes (except I'd be back in America before they would all be finished!). And so, I fall back once again to my typical mode of mass communication with my friends and family state-side... my blog.


Here's the bottom line. You all blessed us beyond thanks and beyond words can capture. Getting to see everyone's faces as they received their gifts... and their reactions when they asked, "How much do we owe you?" and we told them, "It's free. A gift from our church." was priceless. You gave big. And you gave deep. And we are so thankful.

I can't capture it all, but I do want to thank you.

Thank you...
- for giving generously to meet specific needs (& cravings!)
- for buying seemingly silly things, like cinnamon chips, that are now being used in baked goods whose profits support ministries that work to end human trafficking
- and for buying awkward items (I promise the boy's underwear and toe-fungus pens were not for Steph and I!)
- for giving joyfully- not begrudgingly or out of a sense of obligation
- for giving us yet another reason to praise our Father
- and not just for giving... but also for praying for us and the work being done here
- for remembering us, even though we're half a world away
- for taking the time to love not just those of us you know, but those you've never met
- for enabling us to be a blessing to others
For those of you wanting an update on Alli & Sandy's visit, I'm pleased to announce they will be doing a guest post (!!) on their time here. Stay tuned... 

1 comment:

  1. Alli and Sandy are awesome for trucking all that stuff around the world. You've got some pretty good friends there :)

    ReplyDelete