Thursday, August 8, 2013

care package?

I have some exciting news that I'm bursting to share with you all...

Are you ready?

My dear high school friends, Alli and Sandy will be coming to Bangkok at the end of the month!!*

[L-R: Alli and Sandy!]
Here's where you come in:

They have offered to be a blessing to Steph and I, as well as many of the other missionaries here, by muling gifts, treats and care packages over to us! They'll have approximately 100 pounds of free checked baggage that they won't be needing...


SO! After talking to the Mae Sot orphanage, cafe/cooking ministry and fellow missionary friends, Steph and I have compiled a "wish list" of items your international siblings would love to have sent over. If you feel so led... donations can be dropped off in the Encounter building at Spotswood Baptist Church, passed along to my mom (Melanie), or mailed straight to Alli (please contact me for her address).

Once you buy an item on the list, please email me: lizswauger@gmail.com so I can cross it off below!

Thailand Missionary Wish List:
New additions are italicized.

Please send it! (high priority):
- popcorn: individual sized
- honey nut cheerios
- beef jerky
- boy's underwear (boy's large/pant size 10-12)
- cinnamon chips (like chocolate chips, but cinnamon!)
- 5-8 clif shot blocks: orange
- peppermint extract
- lemon extract
- fruity pebbles cereal
- ground coffee
- pumpkin pie spice
- children's books (picture books for the KT Camp)
- 4 fungi-nail pens (25% undecyclenic acid)
- Aunt Jemima pancake syrup
- 100% real maple syrup

It'd be nice (mid-priority):
- 1 can of non stick spray olive oil (generic)
- tums: orange cream flavor
- brown sugar
- 2 packs of beef sticks (not spicy)
- skittles
- reese's pieces
- 2 bags reeses's unwrapped minis
- jolly ranchers
- 2 salt stick deodorants
- 2 cans canned pumpkin
- marshmallows
- honey maid graham crackers
- great value granola bars
- clif bars: white chocolate macadamia nut
- cheese-itz
- Neutrogena grapefruit face wash
- york peppermint patties
- cookie dough bites

Now we're asking a lot (low priority):
- mint m&m's
- peanut butter m&m's
- m&m's
- mint oreos
- crystal light drink mixers (or generic version)
- bath and body works candles: sweet cinnamon pumpkin
- betty crocker frosting (chocolate and/or vanilla)
- costco salsa: medium or kirkland's salsa: medium

---
* They'll be here for a little over a week (Aug 29-Sep 7) to visit me! That's right... one full week of wonderful adventuring, fun, and ministry. As they've had a role in supporting me, it will be fun to get to introduce them to some of my friends here, take them to church, and have them tag-along in my regular life. The BSC has graciously allowed me to off-set the start of my classes for Term 5 so that I will not have to teach the week that they are here. Needless to say, I've already started planning for their arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment