Monday, March 18, 2013

change.

This week, would you pray specifically for me?

The past few weeks have been taxing. I am back to teaching a full course-load, taking Thai school, preparing to move out of my apartment, preparing to move in to my new room (spelled: p-a-i-n-t-i-n-g), we had two farewells last week for some of our LifePoint family as they return stateside, my to-do list is extensive (and none of it seems easy), I have a test on Wednesday, my room is a wreck and I feel like one, too. I know that everything that's in upheaval now will settle down soon. I know that the to-do list will get done. Maybe the discouragement I'm feeling is just the paint fumes. But despite saying "no" to quite a few things this weekend in order to leave myself some margins, I still feel overwhelmed.

I know that the combination of physical and emotional change is taking its toll on me. And I also know that there is a spiritual component at work as well. Please pray for my heart and my body this week. Specifically, that I will be able to sleep at night (it's been a problem), that my heart would settle down, that I could focus on the opportunities I have this week to spend time with my Thai friends, that God will continue to speak to me as I am in the Word, and that I would be able to pack up and move into my new room by the end of this week.

Thank you so much for lifting me up in your prayers. I'll post again this weekend with an update :)

No comments:

Post a Comment