Tuesday, August 7, 2012

60 hours.

In just 2.5 days (60 hours!) Claire and I will be at the airport picking up the Spotswood Thailand Missions Team! It has been exciting (albeit at times a bit stressful) to be able to lay some of the groundwork for the team's arrival. The past few weeks have been a flurry of activity as we dry-run places, pick up supplies and organize projects. I think that I am most excited about the team getting to see first hand what they have been hearing about for over a year.

My first time in Thailand, last August, I was completely overwhelmed. I didn't realize just how overwhelmed I was until I was three months back in the States and still processing my 7 days here. There was a lot to take in. Most of the folks on the team were collateral sounding boards for that process. As I thought about my time here and as things impacted me, they got to hear about it. Now it's their turn!

Zac recently shared that, "When we get to Thailand it wont be "we got there and God showed up," it will be "God is there and we showed up!" I love that! God is doing really awesome things here... and I love that these twelve people will have the opportunity to see the scope and global nature of our God. He is not limited by language or time zones; He is at work in all places! And then, to be able to take back what they see and hear and experience to enrich the church body at Spotswood... wow!

Please be praying for the team's travel, for the flight, for their health. But more than that, please pray that each person on the team would be changed. That their hearts would be softened to become more in line with the heart of God. Pray that they would be challenged, broken and encouraged. Pray that God would place His vision and heart for the nations in their hearts. Pray that this is not the culmination of a lot of work and prayer on their part, but that it is the start of "greater things" that God will do through them and in them.
Follow their time here:  (links= facebook, @= twitter) 
Laura-Michal- @LMBalderson
Abby- @wheneverispeak
Sam- @samstepanov
Laura- @laurakael 
(Laura will not be flying back with the team... she'll be staying and serving here in Thailand for 3 months with Claire and me! Follow her blog here: www.landryinbangkok.blogspot.com )
Vern- @vernonmathews 
Zac- @therealzacclay
Jake- @thefakezacclay
Zach- @lite2thewrld
Ryan- @halfmysitruc 
Doug- @friardadams
Dr. Drew- @drdrewlandry 
Official Hashtag: #thailandorbust
Official Blog: www.missionsinbangkok.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. So excited for the team and so glad to be a part of the prayer coverage from VA. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete