Wednesday, February 20, 2013

10 things. [part ii]

6. Baby shower

After church on Sunday, Brittney and Witt Kaminh hosted a baby shower for Witt’s sister, Air. Air works at the Boly Café (attached to LifePoint). After the morning worship service and sermon, the church was transformed into a beautiful baby shower. Brittany is a Pinterest Queen. I don’t know how she’s so crafty, but between her and Witt, they throw quite the party!

[The tasty spread... complete with a diaper-cake centerpiece!]
[Tiffany & I]
[Julia & Taan]
[Tiffany & Claire]



[For the milk!]
[Yes. Witt made a baby carriage out of a watermelon...]
7. Mail

Getting mail always deserves a shout-out, and this month has been one for the record books! Two weeks ago I got some cards from some friends from church and notes from all the Middle School students at FCS. Then, this week, I got a birthday letter from my mom, card from Stephanie King, and some packages from our Aussie friend, Dani… I think we’re getting all this mail because it’s almost our birthdays. But I’m not complaining. I always love me some mail.


8. Lorena & Logos: Hope

It’s the 20th of February. Today is the day that “Grandma Lorena” arrives back in Bangkok, and also the day that our friends from the Logos: Hope return to their ship. It has been so nice getting to know them over the past two months… I’m excited to get to see their ship, go to their International Bookstore, and maybe even spend a Sunday morning with them at “boat church.”

[This picture is from "Grandma Lorena's farewell party last fall]
9. Nursery Duty

Our two-baby nursery might have the two cutest babies in Bangkok. Meet Josiah, aka: JoJo. All you have to do to get him to start cheesing is show him his face in a camera! Love this boy. He and Tobin make nursery duty fun :)


10. The VanDykes

Tiffany had to make an unexpected trip back to the States because of a death in the family. She’ll be gone for two weeks, and during that time, her husband Steve will also be out of town for a few days. I’ll be hanging out with their kids (Leigha and Kevin) part of next week while they are out of town. Please pray for both of their safety while they are traveling! And for my time with their kids to be fun, safe (see a reoccurring theme here?) and uneventful (also read: safe)!

No comments:

Post a Comment