Monday, April 16, 2012

Support Letters

I have a confession.

I hate writing support letters. There is something incredibly uncomfortable (and awkward) about asking people for money. Am I excited about people knowing what is going on in my life? Absolutely! Do I need people to support me financially and in prayer intentionally over the next year? Yes. So, why is it so hard?

If you've ever tried writing one, you know exactly what I'm talking about. It's this balancing act of giving enough information to relay vision, without being so verbose you lose your audience. It's being persuasive, but not pressuring. It's being excited, but remaining clear and focused. It's hard.

I want my friends and family to support me because they are excited about what God is doing in my life, and what He will do in Thailand over the next year through Claire and me. We are an extension of Spotswood (and the global Church) in Thailand. We don't just want to be "sent", we want to be partnered with. We don't just "want your money"-- We want you to be a part of this.

God has already been at work providing in unexpected ways. I have been so humbled by middle school students, friends, adults, co-workers and church-family who have approached me and generously given their money and time towards Thailand. God is a more-than-capable provider.

So, this is me, stepping out on a limb-- and doing something uncomfortable (one of many things, I am sure). I've written, stuffed and stamped my support letters, and the first batch is going out this week!


If you are reading this and would like to receive a support letter... please just comment in the box below (or email me) and I'll make sure you get one.

Thank you for your prayers and your support!

<3, Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment