Wednesday, February 22, 2012

24.

24. More than just an awesome TV series involving Jack Bauer.

Today was my 24th birthday. 24. My last year before being pigeon-holed into a new age bracket (25-44). It was a really wonderful day-- which started off with an anonymous breakfast, sweet cards from my co-workers and a singing hamburger card from my Tamra's son, Zack. Not even a video would do this card justice. I'll have it with me the next few days if you would like to see it, just ask!

For all of you who wished me a happy birthday today, bought my meals, or gave me thoughtful and sweet gifts, thank you! I had such a nice day, and it was because of your thoughtfulness. I am so blessed to have such incredible friends and such a strong network of people who care about me.

My mom texted me at work today and informed me that her and my dad had bought my luggage for Thailand (see below). I picked them up from her at church tonight, complete with the loud and conspicious balloons. The luggage seems huge right now, but I'm sure as soon as I try to negotiate a year's worth of clothes and supplies in them, they will start looking much much smaller.


Thailand is coming! It keeps getting closer and closer and becoming more and more real. Claire and I had the opportunity to talk with Rose last night and pick her brain about living in Thailand. We also will be skyping with John Lapos next week to touch base and make sure we are on track with our preparations.

Please keep praying that we will continue to push through and be diligent in completing our Thailand to-do items, while also not neglecting our responsibilities here-and-now.

3 comments:

  1. I'm still singing, "I'm a hamburger, hamburger, hamburger..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That luggage is HUGE. Oh my goodness...

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I didn't notice you were on your knees in the picture..!! Where is the luggage for all your jewelry? ;)

    ReplyDelete