Monday, January 23, 2012

TESOL

It is strange to be taking a class (and notes!) again. I signed up today for a 50-hour TESOL class through LinguaEdge and just completed Unit 1 (of 40). The goal is to spend 7-10 hours/week working on it. Which, I'll admit, it a little ambitious for me, but in order to complete it by the end of March, I need to be aggressive in completing it. It's part of...

John Lapos' Check-List for Thailand:
(...which happens to be much shorter than my personal "to-do-before-leaving" list)

[ x ] Copy of passport
[ x ] Copy of degree
[ x ] Copy of transcripts
[ x ] Resume
[ ] Research medical evacuation/catastrophy insurance
[ x ] TESOL certification
[ ] Raise support
[ ] Double-check my shots
[ ] BSC application (3 letters of reference)
^ I put the easy things first so I could feel successful :)

It's hard to believe in 4.5 months I could be on a plane to Thailand... for a year. I am praying that God makes a way for me to go and to stay there, and that He would continue to prepare my heart and mind and body for what He will do with me while I am there.

No comments:

Post a Comment